You found our list of the best team bonding questions.
Team bonding questions, also sometimes known as icebreakers, are questions that invite teammates to share preferences and personal details. Team bonding helps coworkers get to know each other on a more intimate level, so teams can build rapport, increase communication, and boost productivity.
Specifically, this list includes:
- meet the team questions
- questions for team bonding
- trust building questions
So, here is the list!
Team bonding question generator
Use this tool to generate random questions for team bonding.
List of team bonding questions
If your pre-meetings, break-room brushes, or team building events feature awkward silences, feel free to steal these team bonding questions to kick start conversation next time you’re together in-person or virtually too.
Meet the team questions
- What is your role within the company?
- Before joining the organization, what other jobs have you held?
- What is the most interesting or funny event you experienced on the clock?
- What is your favorite work memory?
- Where did you grow up?
- Who is in your family?
- Did you attend college? If so where, and what was your major?
- What is your favorite color?
- Favorite food?
- Favorite music?
- Favorite movies?
- Favorite television shows?
- Favorite sport?
- Favorite holiday?
- Do you practice any interesting or unique traditions?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you collect anything?
- Do you have any pets?
- Who is your hero?
- Do you have any secret talents?
- What are you looking forward to most right now?
- What has been the best day of your life so far?
- What can you talk about for hours?
- What is the coolest place you have ever visited?
- Where is your dream destination?
- What is something you would like to learn?
- When are you the happiest?
- What was the last TV show you binge watched?
- What is the best meal you have ever eaten?
- What stresses you out?
- How do you deal with stress?
- What is your favorite way to exercise?
- What fact about you might surprise people?
- What do you most want the group to know about you?
Questions for team bonding
- If you could have any superpower, which would it be?
- What is your strategy to survive a horror movie?
- If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?
- You can learn the answer to one secret from history. Which do you choose?
- If your pet could speak English, what do you think they would say?
- What common movie trope annoys you the most?
- Describe (or share!) your worst picture.
- Which fictional university would you choose to live in and why?
- If you could rewrite one TV show or movie, what would it be?
- If you could suddenly turn invisible at will, what is the first thing you would do?
- Have you ever met a celebrity? If not, who would you most like to meet?
- How would you describe your job to a bunch of kindergarteners?
- What is the funniest misunderstanding that has ever happened to you or someone you know?
- What invention would you most like to see in your lifetime?
- What is the silliest item you bought or considered buying?
- If you could convince the world that you first said one famous quote, which saying would you choose?
- Who would you choose to narrate the story of your life?
- What songs would make the movie soundtrack of your life?
- Besides money, what would you like to win?
- Imagine there was a review site, like Yelp, only for random life experiences instead of businesses. Which experience would receive a one star rating? What about a five star?
- What is the best piece of advice you ever received?
- What is the nicest thing a stranger ever did for you?
- Your headstone engraving can be twenty words or less. Which words do you choose?
- If you could correct one mistake you have made, which one would you choose?
- If you could create one law, what would it be?
- Would you like to be famous? If so in what way?
- Given the chance, what kind of book would you like to write?
- Would you rather go back in time to talk to your younger self, or receive a message from your older self?
- If you could not work in this industry, what other job would you pursue?
- If you could regain one object that you lost, what would it be?
- What was the best project you have ever worked on?
- If you could speak to one person who has died, who would you choose and why?
- What do you admire most about your younger self?
- What is one item you cannot bear to throw away?
- What is your “I wish I had started doing this earlier in my life”?
- How do you define success?
- What is one book you would recommend that others read?
- If you could live a day as any one animal, which one would you choose?
- What do you value most in a friendship?
- What makes you feel old?
- What makes you feel young?
- What makes you feel confident?
- What makes you feel grateful?
- Finish this sentence: “It’s never too late to…”
Trust building questions
- What is your fondest memory?
- What is the most painful memory you are willing to share?
- What is something you have not told many people?
- How do you prefer to receive criticism?
- What is one thing you would like to improve about yourself?
- What is the hardest or most difficult lesson you have ever learned?
- What characteristic do you most admire in others?
- What kind of impact do you hope to have in the world?
- What is one of your fears?
- Have you ever had a near death experience?
- What do you worry about most often?
- What is one opportunity you wish you had taken?
- What is one chance you are glad that you took?
- What one person has had the greatest impact on your life?
- What is a concept that you disagree with, but respect?
- When you are upset, who do you usually talk to?
- Work from home team building questions
- Where do you live?
- What is your favorite part of your home city?
- If I visited your city, where is the first place you would take me?
- What does your work from home setup look like?
- If you could build the perfect at-home office, what would it look like?
- If you could work anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
- How long have you worked from home?
- What is your favorite part of working from home?
- What is your least favorite part of working from home?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you while working from home?
- What part of working from home makes you most grateful?
- What is your morning routine?
- What is your end-of-workday routine?
- What is one change that might improve your work from home experience?
- Which celebrity would you like to crash our next Zoom meeting?
Getting to know coworkers better is a fun but intense process. Sometimes, you struggle to find the right questions to ask, whether your teams are freshly formed or long term collaborators.
Team bonding questions offer a fun and easy way to spark conversation. By asking these questions, you can learn each team member’s logic and beliefs, and form a foundation to build a better relationship.
You can also use this tool to generate random questions.